Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Back (b)log

Recently I have been helping Tsinat in the lab. She lets me draw blood sometimes, and I help run the tests.
Wednesday and Thursday we reviewed for the test in third grade. They had a lot of fun. The winning team SQUASHED the other two. I hope this helps them do better.
I do not think much else happened the rest of that week. It rained a lot. A lot. Sabbath was good. Adugnyae and Tsinat came to church, and stayed for “by invitation only” potluck. Yohannes, the guy we met at Kebena church, spoke, and his friend taught Sabbath school. It was kind of cool seeing someone at our church who w e had met before elsewhere. We played an ASL game in Pathfinders. They were kind of noisy, but I hope they had a good time anyway. They all got marshmallows at the end, so I am sure they did.

Hareg came back to the Learning Village on Sunday, and was just hanging out on the porch of the new house, so we went over to talk to her. We figured out about Austin coming and stuff, and Cameron made sure it was okay with her that he go with Samson to a wedding somewhere later that day.
Okay, so my mom sent some SUPER cute clothes for Dureti. But we decided that we were not going to give them to her because, really, she does not need them. She also feels entitled to everything we give her, and everything we deprive her of, and would not be grateful if we did give it to her. So I prayed about it and kind of just left the box on the floor. Well, God sure solved the problem. In His own time, true to form. There is a lady who recently came to work for Hareg. She was raped by her employer, became pregnant, so had to leave, tried to abort the baby (who is the CUTEST THING EVER!!! And he likes me a lot too.) She also had an older daughter, who was living with her father’s mean, mean, mean wife. The wife was making her care for her few other, younger kids (she is only 8, if that), making her clean the house and stuff, and do laundry; basically, she was using her like a slave. So last time her mother went to visit her, she out how they were treating her daughter, and Hareg let her (the mother) bring her (the daughter) back to her (Hareg’s) house. Well, for some reason, I thought of her the other (Saturday?) night, and thought how maybe, maybe the clothes would fit her. And I have no idea how I had that thought.
So I showed Hareg the clothes, and she said that they were the exact size! And they do not have much, and Hareg cannot buy clothes for all the kids she directly or indirectly takes care of. And I know that the girl and her mother would be grateful, unlike Dureti would. Anyway, Betty was so excited, and she even called me! She said thank you, and that she was wearing one of the outfits right now! So, the clothes fit, it is not someone who would go telling all her friends that “Jennifer gave me clothes,” and Hareg said that her mother cried.
Cameron had a wild day of hyena-cave exploring and wedding dancing and meat and walking. I… vacuumed.

No comments:

Post a Comment